Patricia J. Bland, MA, CDP
Substance Abuse Training Director
Hosted by the National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
This Webinar explores the complex issues facing women who experience multiple forms of trauma (e.g., domestic violence, sexual assault, substance abuse, etc.) from a feminist perspective. Empowering strategies to provide advocacy, safety planning, and support will be discussed.
To listen to this Webinar, click the link below and follow the instructions on the page.
This Webinar will provide:
- Real Tools for advocating for women with co-occurring IPV and substance abuse issues;
- Strategies to improve safety, autonomy and access to justice;
- Resources for providing educational materials to program participants.
Goals and Objectives:
- Increased knowledge of safety issues experienced by program participants experiencing substance abuse issues;
- Participants will be able to identify at least (2) risks factors to address when co-occurring trauma stemming from violence against women and substance use issues exist;
- Participants will be able to describe at least (2) practical tools to support program participants experiencing substance abuse coercion.